Monday, August 23, 2010

Pike's Baptism




Here is the video for Pike that I made to show at the baptism. (Actually the video will not process so maybe I will find a new way to publish it). We are so proud of Pike for making the choice to be baptized; to receive a remission of his sins, to promise to always remember Jesus Christ, to keep his commandments, and to join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Pike's grandpa, Robert Jones conducted (he is first counselor in the bishopric), the opening song was A Child's Prayer, Jordan gave the opening prayer, I spoke on baptism, Michael baptized Pike, then we watched this video, Benita (Pike's grandma) spoke on the Holy Ghost, Robert spoke and welcomed Pike as the newest member of the ward, the closing song was I Am A Child of God and Lanian gave the closing prayer. We had ice cream sundaes for a refreshment afterwards. It was a especially sweet experience for me this time because when Jordan was baptized the year before I was so overwhelmed I didn't or couldn't really think straight. This time I felt the Spirit so strongly and I could enjoy the experience of seeing my child be baptized. What a joy and a privilege - one of my hopes for Pike since before he was born - and I hope he will continue on and develop his testimony and progress in the gospel. I hope he will receive the priesthood and go on a mission and one day be sealed to a darling girl forever and have a herd of children of his own. I hope he will grow to be a righteous, loving, competent adult. I wish this for all of my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment