Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Children's Music

























Right now we are listening to the Bare Naked Ladies children's album. Yesterday we introduced the kids to Raffi's Joshua Giraffe - he was so sticky and his mom "wouldn't lick me". It is never too late to find cool kids music.

Okay. I added to this post earlier but it got erased somehow. So I am going to try again, it will not be as witty and fabulous but I do want to record this perfect summer day and display to the world what kind of mother I am.

So, here's just a quick run through of what happened today:
  • kids watched TV all morning, yes, all morning
  • played children's music
  • had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and yes, despite my initial decision I did in fact pick the old crusty jelly bits out of the peanut butter. It made all the difference.
  • kicked children out of house - they hammered nails with screw drivers into Michael's good piece of 2x4 until 20 minutes later when at last, I found the hammer! Then I gave them each comprehensive lessons on nail hammering into the scrap wood we have saved. Pike made a picture frame, Lanian laid out plans to make a temple but changed to a tank, Aidan made a tank, and Jordan after many struggles gave up and resignedly said," I guess I will go take apart the mattress". (We dissected an old mattress yesterday. Very educational.)
  • Jordan and Aidan found grubs
  • kids pulled the mattress out from our porch to under the trampoline to play on (white trash?)
  • kids napped!! yeah!
  • Aidan ate 2 peanut butter and ketchup tacos
  • kids played on the computer
  • Corniesha came over
  • Grandma Jones came to babysit so I could go to Young Women's

Just another day when Michael is at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment