Wednesday, August 25, 2010

4 am Bike Ride

I am alive. I went for a little bike ride at four in the morning today. It was dark and cloudy and the moon only peaked out from behind the ghostly clouds occasionally as I wound my way through neighborhood streets. I was really scared but I plugged in my ipod and turned up the music and rode and explored parts of the developments I hadn't seen before in the dark. The air was cool, soft, and smelled so sweet. The music of nature was so loud I could hear every churl and whirl of the bugs and animals and who knows what other creatures over the volume of my comforting music in my ear buds. It is kind of funny that it was so quiet and so loud at the same time. I did see a deer sweeping away from me into some one's yard. In the dark it looked like it moved like one of Stephanie Meyer's vampires. It was pretty surreal. No one was up, there were no cars and no people and almost no lights on in the houses. I felt so courageous and independent and at the same time I was constantly thinking that I should return to the safety of my home behind the dead bolt. If I had thought I had more time I might have explored the bike path at night but thankfully I thought I had to be home for Michael to go to work at 5 and I was spared knowing how un-courageous I really am or as Michael said: crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment